Semper Reformanda

...some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help.

[Tuesday, June 9, 2009]

Gray matters...

I've been in a pretty gray place lately... just very blah. I think a lot of it has to do with dissatisfaction with my job and desiring to be somewhere else doing something else. If it weren't for my friends, I'd be in a pretty bad place right now. I remember a while back I was reading a few Psalms and came across Psalm 43:

1 Vindicate me, O God,
and plead my cause against an ungodly nation;
rescue me from deceitful and wicked men.

2 You are God my stronghold.
Why have you rejected me?
Why must I go about mourning,
oppressed by the enemy?

3 Send forth your light and your truth,
let them guide me;
let them bring me to your holy mountain,
to the place where you dwell.

4 Then will I go to the altar of God,
to God, my joy and my delight.
I will praise you with the harp,
O God, my God.

5 Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.


Verse 5 especially reminds me that regardless of my gray state, I should put my hope in God and yet praise him; if only solely for the reason that he is my Savior and God. The sheer fact that he has raised me from death into life with Christ is an amazing thought that should modify our daily mindsets... but I feel like I forget the gravity of this oh so very often. I feel like I need this somewhere I'll see it everyday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment